Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Green Machine Musings- Offseason Preview

 
                It was a most unfortunate turn of events that transpired on Sunday night.  I could smell a Game 7 with the Stars up by two goals with under three minutes to play, but Anaheim had other ideas.  It doesn't matter if you're the 8-seed playing with nothing to lose.  It doesn't matter that you're a franchise that is still very much in the process of rebuilding.  It hurts to go home early.

               Thus, I won't deny that this was a very painful moment for the Stars faithful, but I think that this fan base handled it pretty well.  The people understand where this franchise is headed, and they will remain optimistic that 2014-15 will be another step toward hockey's promised land for the Dallas Stars.  But before we move forward into full offseason mode, we must look back upon what was the 2013-14 campaign and analyze what it is the Stars must do to continue building both their team on the ice and their image in the community.  To do this, I will first make a series of posts in which I will assign a grade to each man on the roster, including players, coaches, and management.  After that I will debate what the Stars most pressing needs are for next season and analyze the means for addressing them: trades, free agency, and prospect development.  Finally, I will look ahead to the 2014 NHL Draft in Philadelphia on June 27-28.
 
 
 

Here's a list of important dates for the 2014 Offseason:

-May 25-31: Scouting Combine
-June 27-28: NHL Draft in Philadelphia
-July 1: Free Agent Signing Period Begins
-July 16: 2014-15 Schedule Released
-Early Sept: Traverse City Prospects Tournament
-Mid Sept: Training Camp Begins

NOTE: In April alone, the Stars added over 1,000 new full season ticket holders (myself included as I upgraded to a partial-season plan with full-season benefits).  The crowds next year are due to be substantially larger given the energy that the playoff appearance brought to the fan base, so I highly recommend you look into purchasing some sort of ticket package to guarantee your seat to the best games.  If you're interested, give my personal ticket representative, Travis Gafford, a call at (214)- 387-5569.  He made the process extremely easy for me and he'd be more than happy to do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment